February 20, 2010

sandwich maker pancakes!!!

DSC_0059

Ok, I'm not suggesting that you should run out and get another gadget for your kitchen...although I have seen these at thrift stores. I have owned a "sandwich maker" for about  8 years. Oh, you caught that, did you? Yes, my daughter is 5, but I've owned the maker for about 8 years, probably longer. Well, I got it originally for my husband, I admit. He had some nostalgic memories attached to the thing, I think. I remember working at a child care center when I was a teenager that had one, and they used it for snacks all the time: the kids loved the thing. Anyway, I have made sandwiches in it off-and-on for Picky, but just grilled cheese. They come out pretty good, although the cheese in the middle gets really really hot, which can be a problem when you have a child waiting who is hungry right now. Anyway, for some unknown reason, I decided recently to do a web search to see if there were any sandwich recipes specifically for a sandwich maker out there that I could use. And I discovered that you can make things besides sandwiches in there....I honestly never thought of that before!

I decided to give pancakes a try.

DSC_0053


They came out great!! You could use any pancake recipe (I have a decent one from Mollie Katzen's Sunlight Cafe that I could share, or check out this one on Isabelle's blog from King Arthur Flour.

DSC_0056

I heated the maker while I was getting the mix together, and then I sprayed it lightly with non-stick spray (you could use butter or margarine, but I think the spray is easier). I used a scoop to fill the triangles with batter, but I didn't really measure it (fill it full, but not too full). Then I closed the lid and set a timer for 4 minutes. When I opened the maker, I had perfect puffy triangle pancakes! 




DSC_0044

Picky thinks I should replace the picture of her making a "yucky face" on the blog with one of these "yummy face" pictures - what do you think?

19 comments:

  1. It looks like those came out great!
    I made pancakes this morning too, although I used a regular pan. I am tempted to get a sandwich maker too, it looks pretty nifty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm going to have fun with mine now. Thank you for blazing the trail for me. Pancakes! I was looking up online whether I could do apple turnover type things with pastry. My mind is searching the possibilities. and I was thinking of getting rid of it as I tend to do grilled cheese in a skillet for the hot cheese problem. And DH was the one who got it as he seemed to have some sort of emotional attachment to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could totally do apple turnovers - I did a few filled pastries, and they came out great! My dh got our sandwich press too, and he has an emotional attachment as well - must be a guy thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm not suggesting that you should run out and get another gadget for your kitchen... isandwichtoaster.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this pancake looks just yummy and delicious. Today i m going to try this for my kids and family at my Sandwitch Maker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post! I am also going to write a blog post about this... thanks
    Pepperfry coupon

    ReplyDelete
  7. There may be noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also. like this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is amazing dude. i love to visit it everyday. very nice layout and content .���� Visit Your URL

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello!,I like your writing so so much! percentage we keep in touch extra about your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look ahead to look you. my link

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much obliged to you for this blog in this blog all data is specified which I was hunting about sandwich maker

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having some of Uk driving test success Voucher Code through you can enjoy this offers and can send gifts With Discount Coupon to any of your lover who is very angry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really informative and educative article thanks for sharing this wonderful article i have shared this article on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. We also provide business directory and company directory database. If you are interested, then please contact us for detailed information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is amazing .
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this pancake looks just yummy and delicious.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete